I’m 35, 6′ and 210 lbs. started really training at 25 weighing 158lbs. I’ll be honest my diet has only ever been great for a short time. I understand the importance of proper nutrition. I’ve always loved being a natural athlete but I’m 35 now and It’s time to consider some alternatives. I’m looking to get in the best shape of my life but I also have no plans on competing in bodybuilding. The gym will always be a part of my life. So if I choose to go this route I doubt there will ever be any turning back. My questions for you…what do you recommend for my first cycle? I’m not looking to get huge over time. And what do you recommend if I choose to continue to cycle in the future? I’m looking to get and maintain a solid aesthetic physique and grow gradually over time and stay as healthy as possible.
Dianabol is a relatively strong estrogenic anabolic steroid due to the moderate level of aromatase activity it carries. While its aromatase activity is only moderate, this conversion actually leads Methandrostenolone to be converted to methylestradiol rather than estradiol, which is far more powerful than estradiol. This can make side effects like gynecomastia and water retention very possible with this steroid; in fact, they can appear seemingly overnight. Heavy water retention can also promote high blood pressure, which Dianabol is notorious for causing. Such effects can be controlled, and when it comes to high blood pressure this is something you’ll need to put some effort into ensuring does not become a problem.
In order to combat the estrogenic side effects of Dianabol, anti- estrogens are commonly recommended when supplementing with this steroid. You have two choices in anti-estrogens, Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM’s) like Nolvadex ( Tamoxifen Citrate ) and Aromatase Inhibitors (AI’s) like Femara ( Letrozole ). SERM’s can be enough for some men and should be your first choice if they can get the job done. However, AI’s will be far more effective as they will directly inhibit aromatization and reduce serum estrogen levels. Unfortunately, AI’s can negatively affect cholesterol, as can Dianabol, and when conjoined this can prove potentially problematic. If an AI is used cholesterol management will be a priority, and it will be possible. However, SERM’s, while not always as effective will actually promote healthier cholesterol levels due to their estrogenic like activity in the liver.
* Testosterone-Propionate is optimal but Testosterone-Cypionate or Testosterone-Enanthate can be used if the Propionate is a problem for you.
* Trenbolone-Acetate will really set this cycle off more so than any steroid in the stack. If you respond poorly to the hormone you might replace it with Masteron-Propionate at a dosing of 300mg per week; three injections of 100mg each.
* While Equipoise on its own is not a great mass builder, coupled with Testosterone-Propionate and the initial Dianabol use you will produce some very solid gains and see your strength increase very nicely. Further, EQ will promote a more conditioned look while you’re still growing.
* Arimidex may not be needed for some but most will be best served with this low dose. If aromatase related side-effects become a problem you will need to increase the dose to 1mg/eod and in most all men this will eliminate the problems.
* How much weight can you gain from this cycle? That’s a hard question to answer; it will greatly depend on how high your calorie intake is. If you are eating a maintenance level diet you may be able to put on 7-10lbs of tissue, this is excluding any water weight that might come with the Dianabol but any water weight will dissipate shortly after it’s discontinued. Further, the Arimidex will greatly help control this issue. Moreover, the higher your carb intake is above necessity the more water you’ll probably hold.